Calisthenics Class at Hometown Pilates is a small three person class that works progressively on body weight skills- no outside weights. We work on our pull ups (or hang), push ups, handstand/headstand, and squats. Hanging from bars, gymnastic rings and using paralettes are also included. Starting April 2017, we will be working on developing a skill set on the parallette bars for three months. Lindsay is a Certified Personal Trainer who teaches with a holistic, mindbody approach.
Pre-Requirement: You must have clearance from Lindsay prior to taking this class. Pilates or past fitness experience strongly suggested. A $3 Equipment Fee is required in addition to one class pass credit. You can pay this fee online or cash at the door. Bring your mat, a water bottle and a small hand towel.
To sign up for classes click HERE.
WHAT TO EXPECT YOUR FIRST TIME
Wear closer fitting comfortable workout clothes. Yoga pants and leggings are great. No shoes, belts, jeans, or extremely baggy outfits. We normally are barefoot in class but you may also wear sticky socks. For all types of classes please note….
– Payment due upon first class.
– Bring your own mat or borrow one from the studio (limited supply).
– Bring your water bottle.
– A changing room is available.
– No perfume, cologne or heavily scented lotions- but essential oils okay
– Please call or email Lindsay prior to your first class if you are pregnant or have special needs about your body (past or current injuries or surgical alterations that I should know about). And please let me know if you develop pain at any point during the class, or feel unsure about moving a certain way. We will work together to find a modification that you feel comfortable about. Thank you!